Before Your Procedure
- Please do not have anything to eat or drink 6 hours prior to your procedure. Please do not eat a mint or chew gum the morning of your appointment.
- You may take your blood pressure medication and other essential medication with a sip of water before coming to the procedure. Please hold any medication you must take with food. Bring this medication with you to your procedure and you may take after your procedure is completed.
- If you are taking any blood thinners, (Coumadin, Heparin, Plavix, Lovenox, Aggrenox, Xarelto, Effient, Trental, Pradaxa), you must stop this medication per the instructions given by Dr. Moran. DO NOT STOP THIS MEDICATION UNTIL OUR OFFICE INSTRUCTS YOU TO DO SO.
- If you are taking antibiotics, your appointment will be rescheduled.
- If you are a diabetic, please monitor your blood sugar levels daily. Blood glucose levels above 300 may result in a canceled procedure.
Day of Your Procedure
- You are to arrive at the office at the scheduled time on Appointment Card.
- You MUST have a driver to accompany you to and from your appt. NO PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
- If you are having a cervical (neck) or radiofrequency ablation (nerve burning) procedure, please do not wear any jewelry to your appointment.
- Wear comfortable clothing and low-heeled shoes.
- If you are late, your appointment may be delayed or rescheduled according to the doctor’s schedule.
During Your Procedure
- Your procedure will be performed in one of our procedure rooms.
- You will be given intravenous (IV) sedation to help reduce any kind of discomfort and anxiety you may have. Your blood pressure, pulse, and respiration will be monitored by a R.N. You will not be given general anesthetic.
- The doctor will give you local anesthetic at the injection site. Depending on the type of procedure, your procedure can last anywhere from 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- You will be monitored in the recovery area for 30 minutes following your procedure. At that time, you will be given some crackers and juice.
- Your family will wait for you in the waiting room.